Welcome to Reception Class
Class Teachers: Mrs Faye Butler & Mrs Kirsty Page - EYFS Teacher
Our PE days will be a Tuesday and Friday, your child's PE bag can stay in school for half a term and then it will be sent home for washing. Please could you also provide a change of school clothes for your child which can be left on their peg in case of any accidents. Many Thanks, Mrs Butler & Mrs Page.
In the Spring term our learning objectives will be:
Communication & Language
• Develop narratives and explanations by connecting ideas or events.
• Handles tools, objects, construction and malleable materials safely and with increasing control.
• Uses simple tools to effect changes to materials.
• Shows a preference for a dominant hand.
• Begins to use anticlockwise movement and retrace vertical lines.
Expressive Arts and Design
• Chooses particular colours to use for a purpose
• Create simple representations of people
In the Spring term our Key questions will be:
• How do I create a self-portrait?
• What makes a good self-portrait?
• What techniques are needed?
• Wilfred Gordon
• McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox
• Self- worth
• Seeks Challenge
Faye Bulter & Kirsty Page