Welcome to Reception Class
Class Teachers: Mrs Faye Butler & Mrs Kirsty Page - EYFS Teacher
Our PE days will be a Tuesday and Friday, your child's PE bag can stay in school for half a term and then it will be sent home for washing. Please could you also provide a change of school clothes for your child which can be left on their peg in case of any accidents. Many Thanks, Mrs Butler & Mrs Page.
In the Spring term our learning objectives will be:
Communication & Language
• Able to follow a story without pictures or props.
• Listens and responds to ideas expressed by others in conversation or discussion.
• Handles tools, objects, construction and malleable materials safely and with increasing control.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
• Children play co-operatively, taking turns with others. They take account of one another’s ideas about how to organise their activity
• Begins to read words and simple sentences.
• Uses vocabulary and forms of speech that are increasingly influenced by their experiences of books.
• Enjoys an increasing range of books.
• Knows that information can be retrieved from books and computers.
• Children use their phonic knowledge to write words in ways which match their spoken sounds.
• Children count reliably with numbers from one to 20, place them in order and say which number is one more or one less than a given number.
Understanding of the World
• They know about similarities and differences between themselves and others, and among families, communities and traditions.
Expressive Arts and Design
• Children sing songs, make music and dance, and experiment with ways of changing them.
In the Spring term our Key questions will be:
• How are fossils made?
• How do Palaeontologists learn about dinosaurs from their bones/fossils?
• What do dinosaur footprints tell us?
• Where have dinosaur remains been found in the world?
• Mad About Dinosaurs! by Giles Andreae & David Wojtowycz
• Katie and the Dinosaurs by James Mayhew
• The Girl and the Dinosaur by Hollie Hughes
• Visit to Dinosaur World.
• Palaeontologist visit.
Faye Bulter & Kirsty Page